1. Competition open to Wilson County Residents, members of the Wilson County Gardeners' Guild, Wilson County Master Gardeners or a member of a Wilson County fce Club. Must be over 18 years old.
2. Preregistration is available online until August 13 for flowers.
3. Exhibits will be entered in the Expo Center between 2 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 15 and from 12-4 p.m. on Wednesday, August 16, 2023. NO ENTRIES AFTER 4:00 P.M. THOSE IN LINE WILL BE SERVED. Workers may enter an hour earlier.
4. All entries must be identified by the exhibitor for class placement. Please label flowers by Lot 1-114.
5. All articles are exhibited at the owner's risk, but all reasonable precautions will be taken for protection of items.
6. No person may enter more than one item per lot.
7. Prizes will be awarded on the decision of the judges.
8. All plants/containers entered must be free from insects and disease. Diseased plants will be discarded.
9. The Chairman may subdivide any class by color, type and/or cultivar.
10. Premiums will be paid, and exhibits must be removed on Sunday, August 27. Exhibitors may pick up their items from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
APPOINTMENTS on August 16 for 20 ENTRIES PER PERSON/OR FAMILY 615-812-9210
The Wilson County Fair Awards
Premiums: 1st - $10; 2nd - $6; 3rd - $4
Best of Show Each Division - Rosette
Betty Fletcher Memorial Award for Best Potted Plant
Wilson County Gardeners’ Guild Awards
- Alice Trice Award for Overall Excellence is selected from the Best of Show winners all divisions. Winner receives name on permanent plaque.
- Hale Moss Award Most Flower Show Entries-The winner receives Crystal Vase
- Talyne Gregg Honorary Award for Best Overall Outstanding Cut Specimen.
- Dianna Junker Award for Best Overall Outstanding Floral Arrangement.
- Mary Wharton Honorary Award for Best African Violet.
- Esther Arrington Best Fair Theme
- Thersa Franklin Volunteer Award 2023 Laleta Shipper