Cars/Trucks for 12th grade and under [Amatuer Class]: Four Age Brackets: 2nd grade and under, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th grade, 9th-12th gradeConstruction, Weight and Size:
The maximum weight allowed is 3 lbs. Vehicles must be non-tethered, plastic, 2WD and no larger than 1:12 scale. Vehicle length must be between 12 in and 17 in. Vehicles should not have any modifications from its original design to strengthen the body or frame. All vehicles should bear a vehicle number to prevent confusion.
There is a possibility that two vehicles could be operating on the same remote frequency. Prior to the event investigate if you have the ability to adjust your frequency. Cars/Trucks for 6th grade and up [PRO-AM CLASS]
Three Age Brackets: 6th to 8th grade, 9th-12th grade, Adult
Entry Fee: $5.00
Construction, Weight and Size:
Cars/trucks must be individual or team built. If team, competition bracket will be based on age of oldest team member. Body must be made from thin, easily bendable metal (ex. metal from sale signs, flashing, etc.), single layer only. Pieces may be joined by rivets or screws, but no welding. Size limitations are:
- Maximum Length: 26 inches
- Maximum Width: 12 inches
- Maximum Height: 8 inches rooftop to ground
- Maximum Weight: 7 pounds with body on frame with battery installed
Failure to adhere to the following guidelines will result in disqualification:
- Mechanical: Cars/trucks must be purely mechanical. No use of fluids, chemical, etc. (aside from the batteries used to power the vehicle).
- Dangerous: The cars/trucks must not contain parts that might be dangerous if the vehicle is picked up. For example, there should be no edges that are sharp enough to cut someone from casually picking up the car/truck.
- Operation: The vehicle must not operate in a way that will have a significant chance injury of a bystander. By definition, damage to vehicles is to be expected.
- Other Constraints: No vehicle shall be at odds with the intent of good sportsmanship. We are here to have fun!
- Construction: Vehicles must be ready made or built by contestants.