Monday, August 21, 2023
Contest Location:Hometown USA Stage in Expo
3:30 Registration and Garment Check-In
4:00 Garment Modeled
4:30 Fashion Show and Awards
- To promote the beauty and versatility of wool fabrics, fibers and yarns.
- To encourage personal creativity in sewing, knitting, crocheting, or felting with wool fabrics, fibers and yarns.
- To recognize creative skills.
- To develop life skills.
There are several age divisions in this competition.
- Preteens: age 12 and under
- Juniors: ages 13-16
- Seniors: ages 17-24
- Adults: age 25 and older
- Made for Others
1-3 Placings for each class
Juniors, Seniors, and Adults may enter:
- One-piece garment: Dress, jumper, outerwear jacket, coat, or cape.
- Two-piece outfit: Coat, jacket, cape, blouse/shirt, vest or sweater WITH dress, jumper, skirt, pants, or shorts.
- Ensemble: 3 or more garments worn together at one time: Coat, jacket, cape, blouse/shirt, vest, and/or sweater WITH dress, jumper, skirt, pants, or shorts.
All garments must have been completed after January 1 of this year. Participants must select all
fabrics, materials, and supplies. Participants must sew, knit, crochet, or felt the garments. They may also
spin their own yarn and weave their own fabric. They may receive instruction and advice from parents,
teachers, or advisors.
Overall Judging Criteria
Judges will consider:
- Appropriate to the contestant and contestant’s lifestyle
- Fit and overall appearance
- Coordination of fabric/yarn/fibers with garment style and design
- Presentation of garment by contestant
- Construction quality
- Creativity in design and use of wool
- Conveys/ promotes the beauty, comfort, and versatility of wool.