Chairperson: Penny West, 615-476-3658
Extension Office 615-444-9584
Sponsored by: Grandma's Quilting and Cedar City Diesel
Make a quilt block that will be turned into a beautiful fair-themed quilt.
The blocks become the property of Wilson County Promotions. This quilt will be available for viewing at the 2024 Wilson County Fair-Tennessee State Fair. Donations will be accepted for a chance to win quilt in 2024. All funds raised will go to support the Family and Consumer Sciences Scholarship Fund.
Entries will be taken at the Farm Bureau Expo Center by Penny West @ fce table on non-perishable entry day from 10am - 3pm.
Premiums: 1st - $12; 2nd - $9; 3rd - $7
- Each block must be 12 ½ by 12 ½ inches.
- Each block must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to prevent shrinkage and color fading.
- No paint.
- One entry, per exhibitor, per division.
- Each block will become the property of Wilson County Promotions.
- No pre-quilted blocks will be accepted.
- Blocks that are not 12 ½ by 12 ½ will be disqualified and will not be used in the sampler quilt.
Division I: Agricultural Commodity Theme (Celebrating the Year of Corn)
Lot 1: Created by Adult
Lot 2: Created by Youth (made by youth, 18 years and under)
Quilt blocks will be judged on the overall design and representation of the agricultural commodity theme.
The first place block will be transformed into a painted barn quilt and proudly displayed in Fiddlers Grove Historic Village.