Chairman: Clyde Rountree – 615-509-5930
Premiums: 1st $10; 2nd $7; 3rd $5
Contest Open to Wilson County Residents Only
Reasonable precaution will be taken in handling entries, but the Fair Board and its management cannot assume liability for loss or damage to submitted works.
- Professional: Includes full-time college level art students, persons with significant art training, and persons who regularly sell their work.
- Amateur: Includes persons with limited art training or for whom art is primarily a hobby. 18 years old and older.
- Youth: Amateur status ages 13 - 17
- Junior: Amateur status ages 7 - 12
Items will be displayed as space allows. Anyone with large pieces, please contact the chair person prior to August 13, 2022.
Entries may be claimed and premiums will be paid between 1-3 p.m. Sunday, August 28.
Don’t forget to buy your Fair commemorative prints; 2009-2021 at the Wilson County Fair. Proceeds go to Youth Art Scholarships in Wilson County.
- Exhibits will be entered Saturday, August 13, 2022 between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Entries will be taken in the Wilson County Expo Center.
- Only one entry per person per category.
- Only one division can be entered. For Amateur status, the division will be determined by the entrant’s age on the opening day of the Fair. However, entrants have the option of moving up one division level if they desire to compete at a higher level.
- All Art Work must have been completed within two (2) years prior to the opening day of the fair.
- The backs of all paintings and drawings MUST have wires and screw eyes attached for hanging of the entry on a metal hook – no saw-tooth hangers.
- It is strongly suggested that Plexiglas be used rather than glass.
- Name, address, and phone number of contestant MUST be on the back of every entry.
- First, second, and third place ribbons will be awarded for each category in each division. Best of Show rosettes will be awarded in each division. A Best of Show for the Fine Arts exhibit will be chosen from the divisional Best of Shows.
- Ribbons and Best of Show Rosettes are awarded at the judge’s discretion.
- Premiums will be awarded for first ($10), second ($7), and third ($5) place for each category in each division.
- A plaque will be awarded to the piece that is chosen "People's Choice". People's choice will be determined by votes from fairgoers throughout the duration of the fair.
- A $100 prize will be awarded to the School's Art Department for the school that has the most participants enter art pieces into the competition.
- Graphite Pencil
- Color Pencil
- Chalk Pastels
- Mixed Media
- Fine Crafts
- Wood Work
- Wood Working
- Wood Burning